IKM Operations analyses equipment and how to extend its lifetime beyond the planned lifetime.
How is it possible to extend the lifetime of equipment beyond the design lifetime:
- By examining the mechanisms of ageing and the consequences of ageing, you can, by revising the maintenance management of equipment, extend the lifetime of the equipment.
- There are three main categories to consider when looking at lifetime extensions. Material weakness, obsolescence and organisational issues.
- Material weakness can be divided into: material properties, operational condition, environmental condition, maintenance practice.
- Obsolescence can be divided into: equipment having reached expiry date, new needs, new technology and new requirements.
- Organisational issues can be divided into: reorganisation, ageing personnel, transfer of knowledge