Zerust Axxanol 33 Oil
Zerust Axxanol 33 Oil
Zerust®/Excor® Axxanol™ 33 rust preventative oil provides powerful corrosion protection against aggressive environments such as salt air and humidity for ferrous and some non-ferrous metals. It provides protection for up to one year under shelter.
Unit of delivery:
19 ltr. (5 gallon)
Axxanol™ 33 is an oil-based corrosion preventive coating that is widely used as a replacement for standard oil in dipping applications. Axxanol™ 33 is a rust preventative for ferrous and some non-ferrous metals including aluminum, zinc, and copper for up to one year under shelter.
Typical Zerust® Axxanol™ 33 applications include corrosion protection for in-line rolling mill applications, cold rolled sheet and coils, wire bar, and cast and machined metals during shipment and storage.
Axxanol™ 33 forms a thin protective coating that can be removed with most alkaline cleaners. Use Axxanol™ 33 in conjunction with Zerust® Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) packaging for a more robust solution that provides corrosion protection for years.
Ready to use rust preventative oil liquid. Light amber liquid coating results in a thin, oily film.
- Apply via spray, electro-static spray, brush or dip
- Application temperature: 50 to 110°F (10 to 43°C)
- Coverage (Dip application): 400 ft2 (37 m2 ) per gal @1 mil (25 µm) thick
- Engine Oil Compatibility†: ≤ 10% v/v
- Removability: Alkaline or solvent cleaner
- VOC content EPA Method 24: 1.03 lb/gal (123 g/L)
- Flash Point ASTM D93B: >194°F (>90°C)
- Viscosity: 20-40 cP @73°F, # 61, 50 RPM
- Kinematic Viscosity: Approx. 20.1 cSt @ 40 °C
- Indoors: Up to 1 year
- Indoors (w/ VCI Packaging): For years
- Outdoor: Not recommended
- Humidity ASTM D1748: > 600 hours
- Salt Spray ASTM B117: Up to 24 hours
- Metal types: Multimetal protection
Store in a cool (32 to 90°F / 0 to 32°C), dry place and away from sunlight in original packaging for up to 2 years from the date of shipment.
- During Operation
- May be used with Zerust® packaging
- Proven corrosion protection
- May be used with Zerust® VCI Film
- Apply by spray, brush or dip
- Multimetal protection
- Compatible with most engine oil lubricants
Product in unopened original container prior to use does not meet criteria for hazardous waste according to 40 CFR 261 (no components listed on F, K, P or U lists; not ignitable, not corrosive, not reactive and not toxic).