Zerust Axxanol 33CD
Zerust Axxanol 33CD (EU Liquid)
Zerust® Axxanol™ 33CD is a solvent-based rust preventive coating that dries to the touch; eliminating oily surfaces that can attract dust and contaminants. This coating protects up to six months under shelter or can be used with VCI packaging for long-term protection.
Unit of delivery:
19 ltr. (5 gallon)
Use Zerust® Axxanol™ 33CD to safely protect metals and cast or machined parts during shipment, storage and work-in-progress. It protects multiple metal types against corrosion for up to six months under shelter. After allowing metals to completely dry, place into Zerust® Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) packaging products for a more robust solution that protects for years and during challenging conditions such as ocean shipments.
Axxanol™ 33CD coated and dried parts are safe to handle. During drying, the solvent completely evaporates, leaving behind a harmless corrosion preventative coating. End users, when handling coated parts, do not need to wear personal protection equipment such as a respirator, mask or safety glasses. Only clean gloves without lint or talc are recommended to keep metals free of corrosion and contaminants.
Solvent-based corrosion preventative liquid. Amber liquid dries to an invisible and non-tacky coating.
- Apply via spray, brush or dip
- Application temperature: 50 to 110°F (10 to 43°C)
- Coverage (Dip application): 130 m2 per gal
- Layer Thickness: Approx. 0.5 mil (12 µm)
- Removability: Alkaline or solvent cleaner
- VOC content: 5.93 lb/g EPA Method 24
- Flash Point: 100°F(38°C)
- Viscosity: 60 cPs @ 73°C. 1.122 cSt @ 40°C
- Indoors: Up to 6 months
- Indoors (w/ VCI Packaging): For years
- Outdoor: Not recommended
- ASTM B117 Salt Spray: Up to 4 hours
- Metal types: Multimetal protection
Store in a cool (50 to 90°F / 10 to 32°C), dry place and away from sunlight in original packaging for up to 2 years from the date of shipment.
- During Operation
- May be used with Zerust® VCI packaging
- Proven corrosion protection and approved by many OEM’s
- May be used with Zerust® VCI Film
- Dry to the touch
- Multimetal protection
- Compatible with most engine oil lubricants